Cely’s House Pottery and Art Classes
Chapel Hill, NC
Come by and check out these new Fall classes!
Cely’s House Pottery and Art Classes - Fall 2014
There are many different times and types of art and pottery classes offered at Cely’s House. Select from the following classes or call to set up a new class. All class have limited space.
- Pottery Throwing and Handbulding
- All the pottery classes are designed to give individual attention to each student as we explore the many possibilities of creating with clay.
- Throwing on the wheel will be offered Monday and Friday afternoon from 3:30 - 5:30 pm for older children ages 8 and up.
- Throwing and Hand Building classes for adults will be offered on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 am.
- The cost is $20 for each two hour class.
- Advanced Pottery Workshop
- Advanced pottery workshops are for older students who have already taken the basic handbuilding classes. A three to four hour class will be offered on Sunday afternoons for larger pottery projects. The cost will be $100 for the two extended classes. Contact Cely for details and dates.
- Parent/ Child Pottery Class
- The Friday night hand building classes for families will be offered Friday evening from 7:00 - 8:30pm and are appropriate for all ages, but children under 7 must come with an adult. We will start with some simpler projects and progress to larger more complex pieces. The cost is $20 for one person working or $30 for both parent and child.
- Girl Scout Pottery Badge
- Especially set up for Girl Scout badge requirements these two class days will start with learning about clay and have time for the girls to make several pieces using different methods of construction. The second class will be glazing and have time for questions and a discussion of the firing process. The cost is $25 per child for both classes, includes all material. Time will be set up by the troop leaders.
- Basic Sewing
- Cely will offer a basic sewing class on Tuesday afternoon from 3:30 - 5:30pm that will teach both hand and machine sewing. Students will make a variety of fun projects such as; bags, pillows, dolls, clothing, and seasonal decorations. Students are encouraged to bring their own sewing machine, if they have one, and will need to buy a few essentials for their own sewing box. The cost is $20 per class.
- Pottery, Sewing, and Mixed Media
- Wednesday and Thursday afternoon is a class designed to explore several different art forms. The class will start with pottery and next do several sewing projects and then move to other forms of art. The class is from 3:30 - 5:30pm and the cost is $20 per class.
- Home School Art Classes
- Home School art classes will be held in the morning or early afternoon for two hours. The time will be set up by the group as needed with a minimum of 6 children to begin the class. The cost is $20 per class.
- Special Needs
- Cely’s House offers an ongoing special needs class on Monday from 1:00 - 3:00pm. We explore many different art media but everyone really loves working with clay!!! The current class is small but another session could be arranged. The cost is $20 per class.
Classes run only during the school year. For art class information during summer months, learn about our Summer Camps.
You will need Acrobat Reader for these files: