Cely’s House Pottery and Art Classes
Cely’s House Pottery and Art Classes - Fall 2015
There are many different times and types of art and pottery classes offered at Cely’s House. Select from the following classes or call to set up a new class. Classes start September 8 and run through November 23.
There will be a short 3 week holiday themed session in December. All classes have limited space.
- Pottery Throwing and Handbulding
- All the pottery classes are designed to give individual attention to each student as we explore the many possibilities of creating with clay.
- Throwing on the wheel will be offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon from 3:30 - 5:30 pm. Children ages 8 and up as well as adults are welcome.
- Throwing and Hand Building classes for adults will be offered on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 am.
- The cost is $220 10 classes.
- Parent/ Child Pottery Class
- Friday night hand building classes for families will be offered Friday evening from 7:00 - 8:30pm and are appropriate for all ages, but children under 7 must come with an adult. We will start with some simpler projects and progress to larger more complex pieces. The cost is $300 for 8 weeks for one parent and one child.
- Basic Sewing
- Cely will offer a basic sewing class on Tuesday afternoon from 3:30 - 5:30pm. This class will teach both hand and machine sewing. Students will make a variety of fun projects such as; bags, pillows, dolls, quilts, clothing, and seasonal decorations. Students are encouraged to bring their own sewing machine, if they have one, and will need to buy a few essentials for their own sewing box. The cost is $220 for 10 classes.
- Wednesday afternoon from 3:30 - 5:30pm is a class that will explore painting using a variety of techniques and styles. The cost is $220 for 10 classes. Beatrice Ruggeri will be teaching the class.
- Home School Art Classes
- Home School art classes will be held in the morning or early afternoon for two hours. The day and time will be set up by the group as needed. There is a minimum of 5 children needed to begin the class.
- Special Needs
- Cely’s House offers an ongoing special needs class on Monday from 1:00 - 2:30pm. We will explore many different art media with an emphasis on clay!!! The current class has been ongoing for several years, but a new session could be arranged.
- Girl Scout Pottery Badge
- Especially set up for Girl Scout badge requirements, these two class days will start with learning about clay and have time for the girls to make several pieces using different methods of construction. The second class will be glazing and have time for questions and a discussion of the firing process. The cost is $25 per child for both classes, includes all material. Time will be set up by the troop leaders.
You will need Acrobat Reader for these files: